iEducator 21st Century Digital Learning Corps
The iEducator program is designed to be a career and life-changing experience, a combination of work experience, training and resume building.
Start your career in education as an iEducator
The iEducator 21st Century Digital Learning Corps is designed for recent graduates of Michigan teacher preparation programs ready to jump start their career with a paid, two-year digital learning teaching assignment.
iEducators will participate in professional learning, mentoring and digital instructional experiences. Additionally, teachers who complete the full commitment will become graduates of the prestigious Michigan Virtual iEducator 21st Century Digital Learning Corps.
It's worth it
- Principals and district officials will know that iEducators are not simply certified teachers, but instructors with a proven track record of 21st-century teaching skills
- Experience two years of online teaching with Michigan Virtual for students, beginning May of each year
- Full-time, competitive salary, plus benefits; the ability to work from home with minimal travel requirements to the Lansing office upon completion of onboarding
- Extensive professional development, including a weekly webinar series based on the iNACOL standards for online instruction combined with blogging assignments to showcase learning and growth
- Blended learning experiences in classrooms with successful teachers from Michigan State University’s Master of Arts in Educational Technology program
- Attendance and presentation opportunities at leading-edge state and national conferences
- One-on-one coaching and mentorship with a veteran Michigan Virtual for students lead educator while connecting with teachers around the state
- Earn 150 State Continuing Education Clock Hours by the end of the program
Become an iEducator
What you need to know
The selected iEducators will begin with a four-week training program in May, exposing them to key concepts of online teaching, Michigan Virtual employee orientation and application of technology to be used during online teaching. Teaching experience will begin with summer courses.
Want to know more?
Fill out and submit the form and you’re on your way!