The impacts of trauma on children can be numerous, affecting their bodies, brains, and abilities to learn and, unfortunately, remains a part of many students’ lives throughout our school systems. In this course, you will identify key trauma statistics and terminology, and navigate strategies to support these students in the classroom and on a building-level. Through articles, videos, and interactive content, you will build your understanding of trauma-informed practices in order to handle behavior or situations that may arise through training and resources.
In this course, you will:
- Review important statistical data related to trauma and learning,
- Identify and describe trauma-informed approaches and impacts in the classroom,
- Recognize signs and symptoms of trauma in students,
- Compare and contrast strategies to implement in your classrooms and school building, and
- Access resources you can start using today to help students impacted by trauma.