Being cultural aware enhances the effectiveness of teaching through social-emotional learning (SEL). This immersive course offers ways to integrate SEL into the daily work of classrooms, and engagement strategies for students that promote SEL. You will consider the cultural needs in your classroom while implementing social and emotional programming and practices, as well as how to face potential barriers to implementing SEL. In addition, you will gain multiple resources to further your skills in this area and use in your lessons. This course is part of the Social and Emotional Learning series.
In this course, you will:
- Identify strategies to integrate SEL into the daily work of classrooms,
- Explore teaching practices that support integration of SEL with academic curriculum and instruction,
- Define the process to select evidence-based SEL programs,
- Identify and plan to overcome potential barriers toward implementing SEL.
- Apply action steps toward embedding culturally competent SEL practices in classrooms.