Please note: The microlearning experience is being hosted by Arist where an account creation will be required.
The rise in awareness surrounding social injustice in our country has brought with it the need to incorporate cultural responsiveness and whole child approaches into social emotional learning (SEL). This course asks you to reflect on how transforming and centering SEL implementation around equity can lead to closing achievement gaps for marginalized students. You will have an opportunity to assess your knowledge as you review various strategies and gain tools to ensure equity is included in your classroom and schoolwide practices.
In this course, you will:
- Describe the Ten Teaching Practices,
- Define the Culturally Responsive Teaching Strategies,
- Explain the evolution of SEL and equity practices,
- Describe CASELs equity elaborations, and
- Develop skills to include equity strategies in SEL implementation.