Self-evaluation and growth of an educators’ own social and emotional competencies can aid in fostering these skills in their students. This course focuses on creating a social-emotional learning (SEL) culture within a school. Specifically, you will engage in activities that grow educator social and emotional competencies, exploring ways in which adults can engage in self-care to avoid professional burnout. You will also practice self-awareness to address implicit biases that may influence interactions with students.This course is part of the Social and Emotional Learning series.
In this course, you will:
- Identify the importance of adults’ social and emotional competencies for their work with students and their own well-being.
- Explore strategies for adult self-care and emotional well-being,
- Investigate professional learning systems and supports that can be used to further culturally responsive SEL within school,
- Create strategies to engage and communicate with families and community members in a culturally responsive way, and
- Apply action steps to build a culture focused on SEL.