As a teacher, are you looking for proactive ways to help struggling readers without extra IEP intervention? In this pragmatic course, you will learn research-based response to intervention (RTI) strategies that ensure the struggling readers in your classroom get the help and education they need. The strategies cover phonics, fluency, vocabulary mastery, comprehension, and writing. You will also be introduced to tools such as Elkonin Boxes, alphabetic arcs, Bloom’s Taxonomy, and new graphic organizers to tackle the toughest literacy problems with flexibility and creativity.
In this course, you will:
- Explore the problem-solving model that makes RTI successful in the classroom,
- Increase phonemic awareness by using Elkonin boxes and alphabetic arcs,
- Develop your students’ fluency with direct and indirect approaches,
- Help students remember what they read with Hide and Seek and Bloom’s Taxonomy comprehension strategies, and
- Discover ways to make students fall in love with reading by recruiting parent support and having an encouraging attitude.