As an educator, you know first-hand how essential social emotional learning (SEL) is for student success. In this course, you’ll explore effective practices for integrating SEL into your classroom and discover experiential practices designed to help you develop and model these skills in your teaching. Additionally, you’ll examine the importance of safety and structure in SEL, strategies for setting up your classroom environment, and tips for designing SEL structures and routines. This course is the second in our Mindful Practices series.
In this course, you will:
- Identify the 5 social emotional learning (SEL) competencies as defined by CASEL.
- Develop strategies for creating a safe and supportive learning environment for students.
- Discover techniques for integrating SEL into both instructional and non-instructional time.
- Understand the importance of trauma-informed practices in SEL and mindfulness.
- Explore relevant experiential practices that will help you develop and model SEL skills in your teaching.