This course is designed to establish baseline awareness and best practices for facilitating any online course for 6-12 students. Engage in this course to build your capacity to teach online, and grow your resume as a prospective online instructor with Michigan Virtual or other online course providers.
In this course, you will:
- Analyze the implications of the history, policy and research behind online learning for today’s online facilitator,
- Demonstrate understanding of how secondary students learn and what this means for online learning,
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic technical acumen required of a 6-12 online course facilitator,
- Identify online facilitation plans that reflect the key elements and priorities of 6-12 online course facilitation, and
- Draw connections between national instructional design frameworks and their influence on online facilitation.