As administrators and educators, the health and well being of your students comes before all else. This in-depth course will give you the knowledge and resources to comply with state and federal health and safety codes and maintain a positive school culture. You will review important sections of Michigan School Law, contribute to an updated School Crisis Plan, and learn ways to promote a healthy and safe school environment.
In this course, you will:
- Identify several school code laws and how they are written into school policy,
- Create opportunities that engage students in a leadership roles for the purpose of contributing to a positive school culture,
- Compare and contrast different School Crisis Plans,
- Develop a school year long fire and safety drill plan, and
- Use multimedia resources to illuminate course concepts.