Many leaders in education believe there are better ways to represent a student’s journey through their K-12 education than the traditional transcript, which typically depicts achievement through letter grades such as A’s, B’s, C’s, etc.
What might a richer representation of a student’s learning look like, and what would it take for us to get there?
- What “comprehensive learner records” are and why they’re gaining traction in state education programs across the nation
- Why these digital transcripts will be a crucial step toward building a competency-based future
- How digital badging, learning analytics, and comprehensive learner records work together to form the foundation of data-driven student learning.
You can listen to our conversation using the audio player above or read the transcript.
Here’s a sneak peek at our conversation:
- Related article: Comprehensive learner record | IMS Global Learning Consortium
- Product directory: Product certifications | IMS Global
- Tool mentioned in episode: Mastery Transcript
- Related article: Micro-credentialing & the dawn of competency-based professional development
- Micro-credentials for educators: Micro-credentials & competency-based PD
- Related episode: Are grade levels getting in the way of learning?