The weather outside is feeling especially blustery, so come on over to our campfire for some great conversation.
This week we launched our second episode of Campfire with our special guest, Sandy Freeland. We’re sensing a trend with teacher interviews, too. Ben came to us on a snow day for our first episode. Sandy chatted with us on her first day of holiday vacation. We’re grateful for dedicated teachers like they are.
Now here’s a few links to things we chatted about around this week’s campfire…
- How ‘power posing’ like Wonder Woman can make you feel more confident and empowered — see Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk to learn more!
- We’re majorly digging Actively Learn. It’s a site that allows you support students while they read informational text. You can add annotations, questions and even link out to additional resources to help provide students more context about the text itself.
- We had a great conversation with Sandy about how she utilizes technology in her elementary school classroom, how she balances being a teacher and a district tech coach, and how she helps to bring “the world” inside the walls of her classroom!
- Dropped another plug for the MI Open Book Project (hello, free social studies textbooks written by social studies teacher in Michigan) that can be downloaded to any device.
- Discussed a HUGE misconception about blended learning — NO, blended learning does NOT mean all learning happens online.
- And just in case you missed it, we’re still offering to send you swag if your #CampfireQ was chosen for the show! You can tweet it out, post it on Facebook or Instagram, or even find us on Snapchat — Erin (efralick9) and Jeff (gerlachisme) and ask questions there!