Innovation Online Summer Camp
Designed with The Henry Ford for students in grades 6-9.
Do you have a curious student who’s always looking at the world and asking “What if. . .?” Are you looking for productive ways to harness that curiosity and hone their entrepreneurial spirit?
This summer, help them learn the habits of famous innovators and begin their personal journey toward innovation and invention with our Innovation Online Summer Camp!Enroll Now
Empower them to change their world.
If you have a student in grades 6-9 who is curious and inquisitive, don’t squander their creativity by caving into summer brain drain! With our Innovation Online Summer Camp, your student has the opportunity to:
- Discover what the innovation process looks like
- Learn the habits of famous innovators & inventors
- Become inspired by both current and historical examples of American ingenuity
- Engage with The Henry Ford’s Model I framework for innovation
- Acquire an entrepreneurial mindset
- Figure out what it takes to bring a world-changing idea to life
This 4-week online summer camp costs $90 and will be facilitated by a camp coach who will guide students through course content and facilitate discussions and exercises.Enroll Now
A 2-course series on innovation
This $90 online summer camp experience includes 2 online mini-courses that are facilitated by a camp coach (a.k.a. a Michigan Virtual instructor!):
- INNOVATE 101: Inspire Our Future (Grades 6-9)
Roughly 5 hours of work
What are the unique qualities that make an innovator? Students find out in this lesson. Plus, how innovative thinking can not only solve problems but create world-changing social transformation.
- INNOVATE 102: Solve Our Problems (Grades 6-9)
Roughly 5 hours of work
How can a rough sketch drawn in a coffee shop turn into a futuristic, award-winning car? Students learn how innovators define problems, design prototypes and create solutions.
Together, these courses will take students 4 weeks to complete at their own pace. They will receive lessons from their camp coach and participate in discussions and exercises with other students.Enroll now
We will be offering our Innovation Online Summer Camp twice this summer — one beginning in June and one beginning in July. Both camps will have the exact same content, so please choose whichever best fits your family’s summer schedule! You can continue to enroll up until the start date for each respective camp.
|Camp #1 begins||June 1, 2019|
|Camp #1 ends||June 28, 2019|
|Last day to enroll in Camp #1||June 21, 2019|
|Camp #2 begins||July 13, 2019|
|Camp #2 ends||August 9, 2019|
|Last day to enroll in Camp #2||July 22, 2019|
**Important Note on Refunds — Unfortunately, we cannot provide refunds on our Innovation Online Summer Camp once the program has been started.
Actions of Innovation
The “Actions of Innovation” section of our online summer camp shows students how to:
- Uncover — Connect with user to identify need, develop insight and gain perspective.
- Define —Use new perspective to provide scope and clarity to the problem.
- Design — Brainstorm solutions and create a prototype for testing that solution.
- Optimize — Use feedback to improve the design through iteration.
- Implement — Take prototype to market, seek new insight and re-enter cycle.
Get a taste of what this online summer camp will look like by downloading The Henry Ford’s Model I primer — which introduces the actions and habits of innovators, real-life stories, and learn-by-doing activities that ignite your students’ innovative minds.
Habits of an Innovator
The “Habits of an Innovator” section of our online summer camp shows students how to:
- Challenge the Rules — Turn “can’t” into “can do.” Dare to be different.
- Take Risks —Think BIG. Embrace uncertainty.
- Be Empathetic — Walk in other people’s shoes to understand their needs.
- Collaborate — Share what you know. Respect what others bring.
- Stay Curious — Learn something new. Ask questions.
- Learn from Failure — Be resilient. Use feedback to make improvements.
Get a taste of what this online summer camp will look like by downloading the The Henry Ford’s Model I primer — which introduces the actions and habits of innovators, real-life stories, and learn-by-doing activities that ignite your students’ innovative minds.
Check out the rest of our summer offerings!
Summer break should be fun. . . But it shouldn’t be a vacation from learning! This summer, we’re offering a host of online summer learning opportunities for students in different grade levels, including over 150 online courses designed for grades 6-12 and a variety of online summer camps and educational programs for grades 3-12.