Professional Learning for Shared Time Teachers
In partnership with Brighton Area Schools and South Redford School District, we are offering professional development opportunities to select Michigan-certified shared time teachers.
Build Your Own PD Plan
In partnership with Brighton Area Schools and South Redford School District, we are offering professional development opportunities to select Michigan-certified shared time teachers. This excellent training opportunity provides these teachers with SCECHs and the ability to expand their knowledge base on critical topics in education at no cost to themselves.
If you are a Michigan-certified shared time teacher interested in building your own PD plan, please follow the steps below and use the form at the bottom of the page to indicate which options you are choosing and when you would like to begin your courses.
STEP ONE: Choose from paid courses
Shared time teachers may choose to take ANY course from our professional course catalog for a total up to 30 SCECHs worth of paid courses (in addition to as many free courses from Steps Two and Three as they would like).
You can explore our course catalog at the link below. The filtering options on the left-hand side of the catalog will help you find courses relevant to your classroom challenges.
As you browse our catalog, we recommend writing down the names and number of SCECHs of courses that you are interested in taking. You will be asked to record this information in the digital form at the bottom of this page.
NOTE: South Redford shared time teachers with less than 3 years of teaching experience are eligible for up to 45 SCECHs worth of paid courses.Explore Course Catalog
STEP TWO: Choose additional free courses
In addition to the paid courses selected in Step One, you are also eligible to enroll in as many of the free courses listed below as you would like. You will be asked to indicate which free courses, if any, you are interested in taking in the digital form at the bottom of this page.
Free course options include:
- #GO OPEN: Open Educational Resources in Michigan
- Changing Minds to Address Poverty in the Classroom
- Differentiated Instruction: Maximizing Learning For All
- Educator Evaluation in Michigan: Evidence of Reflective Practice
- Educator Evaluation in Michigan: Measurement of Student Growth
- Educator Evaluation in Michigan: Unpacking the Framework
- Educator Evaluation in Michigan: Self Assessment and Goal Setting
- Instructional Practices in Early Literacy Pre-K: Essentials 1- 10
- Instructional Practices in Early Literacy K- 3: Essentials 1- 10
- Essential Instructional Practices in Early Literacy: School-Wide and Center-Wide Practices
- ILC: Implementing Effective Instruction
- Introduction to Phenomenal Science
- Introduction to Phenomenal Science K – 5th grade
- Podcast PD: Screencasting the Future of Education
- Social Emotional Learning: Creating a Professional Learning Culture Based on SEL
- Social Emotional Learning: Embedding SEL Schoolwide
- Social Emotional Learning: Integrating SEL Into Culturally Responsive Classrooms
- Social Emotional Learning: Introduction to Social Emotional Learning
- Social Emotional Learning: Trauma-Informed Support
- Surveys of Enacted Curriculum: Culture of Growth and Support
- Introduction to Student Learning Outcomes
STEP THREE: Choose compliance courses
Fill out the form below. Based on the information you provide, one of our specialists will enroll you in your courses and send you a confirmation email with more details.
Ready to Sign Up?
Please fill out the form below to indicate your interest in being enrolled in the professional learning package of your choice.