Let's Get Together
Michigan Virtual™ events provide opportunities to engage with us first hand and learn more about what educational opportunities are available near you.
Michigan Virtual Mentor Site Institutes are designed to tap into and broaden a statewide network of mentors of online learners. These events are facilitated by Michigan Virtual coaches at the home base of a Regional Mentor Leader. Experience an example of a mentoring system in action, connect and strategize with mentoring peers, and expand your mentoring knowledge base around the role of developmental relationships in ensuring online learner success.
Mentor Site Institutes are scheduled at the following high schools from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Earn five SCECHs!
- September 26 @ Williamston High School
- September 28 @ Escanaba High School
Are you a mentor of online learners or interested in learning more about the role of the mentor in online learning programs? Join us for a local Foundations for Online Student Success event coming to a school near you! At these events you will:
- Learn the best practices from current research and your peers
- Understand the varying roles of a mentor
- Discover new strategies to assist struggling students
- Network with other mentors from a variety of programs
- Join a growing statewide network of on-site mentors through the Online Mentor Community
- Learn how to advocate for online students within your district
The events will run from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and participants will earn five SCECHs.
- October 17 @ Genesee ISD
- November 3 @ Ingham ISD