MASA: Communications Microcredential
NOTE: This course is for approved Horizon Leadership Academy participants only.
This microcredential’s purpose is to build and assess participants’ knowledge, skills, and abilities to confidently and capably serve in the frequent communications role of a district or school leader. You will understand key elements of communications practice in education – including proactive, operational, and crisis communications – as well as necessary concepts of communications law. You will apply the knowledge gained from each module by creating or refining your own communications plan, which can be either district/school-wide or issue-specific.
The communications microcredential includes the following modules:
- Module 1: Communications Law
- Module 2: Building the Foundation of a Communications Plan
- Module 3: Developing a Communications Plan
- Module 4: Being an Effective Communicator and Working with the Media
- Module 5: Communicating in a Crisis
As you progress through these modules, you will be asked to complete a variety of assessments. These assessments will include:
- Ungraded periodic knowledge checks
- Graded submissions demonstrating competency