When transitioning to remote teaching, educators will need to think creatively in order to intentionally incorporate vital social and emotional skills into their learning environments. This foundational course will guide you in understanding the importance of Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) online and support for families of remote learners as well as considering your own well-being. You will be met with ways to address social-emotional needs for your students including trauma-informed teaching resources and strategies for you to prevent burn-out and thrive as a remote teacher.
In this course, you will:
- Identify areas of strength and areas of growth through an SEL online self-evaluation,
- Understand how you might support students’ social emotional learning online,
- Discover resources to help support parents as mentors of online learning,
- Recognize the importance of self-care, and
- Reflect on how you plan to care for yourself during this time of transition.