Communication is key in any classroom for getting ideas across, relaying feedback, and building connections — maybe more so in a remote setting when the convenience of face-to-face interaction is missing. This practical course will give you valuable insight into different avenues of online or remote communication for your students and their families. You will learn how to use video conferencing, messaging, and bulletin platforms like Google Classroom, Zoom, and Padlet. You will also prepare to incorporate these platforms appropriately into your group or personalized communication.
In this course, you will:
- Identify areas of strength and areas for growth through the online communication self-evaluation,
- Discover how to build relationships with students and families through multiple media platforms,
- Understand how to foster a sense of community in your remote classroom with eLearning tools,
- Review the four P’s of effective communication, and
- Reflect on the practices of remote communication you will be using with your students.