The Michigan Science Standards, now what? This course for administrators is designed to develop a continuous improvement plan for Science education. The asynchronous LEARN portion of the course begins with a look at the Michigan Science standards, their development, and three dimensional design. The synchronous BLEND portion of the course analyzes the three dimensional design and its impact on instruction and assessment. Participants will also analyze two tools that will help their Science teams identify where they are in the implementation process. Using this knowledge and data collected from the use of the tools the asynchronous LEAD portion will focus on the development of continuous improvement goals that support student growth in figuring out Science.
Outcomes for the course are:
- Explore the Michigan Science Standards and be able to explain the 3-Dimensional design.
- Analyze a Science lesson and reflect on how it connects to the MSS and your evaluation system.
- Identify current practice and identify areas of improvement
- Develop a plan to build on current practice to meet a continuous improvement goal
- Analyze a framework-aligned lesson and reflect on the change in how Science should be taught.
- Develop a plan to build on current practice to meet a continuous improvement goal that is focused on quality science instruction and is designed to support students developing the habits of mind to engage in science