Helpful resources and new applications are constantly emerging in the teaching world that can shape your instructional practices, especially in a blended classroom. In this experiential course, you will listen to a podcast that discusses the topics of personalized learning and a growth mindset for your students, and then communicate your findings on the subject. You will have the opportunity to explore topics and resources about Google Forms, a classroom that embraces learning through failure-free failing, and competency-based education. This course is part of the Podcast PD series.
In this course, you will:
- Discover the informal learning experience of listening to podcasts in a formalized course setting,
- Explore growth mindset and possible classroom application,
- Demonstrate the instructional affordances of Google Forms and possible classroom application,
- Examine competency-based education and its benefits, and also the challenges associated with its implementation, and
- Create artifacts and a lesson based on your findings.