The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model (WSCC) seeks to bridge the gap between overall health and learning standards as separate goals, and combined with social emotional learning (SEL), has had proven success. In this micro-credential, you will demonstrate an understanding of WSCC, including the contributions of SEL towards implementation of the WSCC model. You will be asked to provide evidence of your commitment to the value of Whole Child initiatives as equal to academic initiatives by identifying a SEL/Whole Child goal as part of your school’s continuous improvement.
In this course, you will:
- Understand the WSCC model including its five tenants and ten health components (the blue ring),
- Demonstrate understanding that Whole Child initiatives and academic initiatives follow the same planning guidelines and how to follow those steps,
- Create a continuous improvement Whole Child goal that incorporates SEL,
- Use resources and examples to develop and implement Whole Child initiatives in your school, and
- Provide the evidence to earn your “SEL & Whole Child” micro-credential.