In recent years, research has shown that students are more likely to reach their academic potential when they feel they are in a safe environment and their emotional needs are being addressed. Through this micro-credential, you as a school leader will explore the importance of embedding Social Emotional Learning (SEL) within curriculum and throughout your school. After perusing various resources, you will demonstrate an understanding of SEL, Michigan’s five SEL competencies, and share how SEL is embedded throughout your building and within staff professional development and practices.
In this course, you will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of SEL and its impact on student success,
- Define Michigan’s five SEL Competencies,
- Collect evidence that SEL is embedded throughout your school building as part of the learning environment,
- Validate that SEL is included in staff professional development and practices, and
- Provide the evidence to earn your “Embedding SEL Schoolwide” micro-credential.