Administrators who know the importance and functions of a comprehensive needs assessment (CNA) will be better equipped to evaluate the state of their school and communicate it to stakeholders. In this self-paced course, you will explore the why and how of conducting a CNA that is compliant with state and federal legislation, meets current MDE expectations, and links findings to continuous improvement plan strategies leading to increased student achievement. You will find information to help you organize your data, and create a process that is effective, efficient and replicable for your teams.
In this course, you will:
- Understand the relevancy and connection of comprehensive needs assessment findings to your continuous improvement strategies/activities,
- Use samples from Michigan schools and templates to help guide your data collection,
- Analyze real data collected from your local demographics and school district,
- Create a replicable process that you can return to year after year, and
- Provide the evidence to earn your “Comprehensive Needs Assessment” micro-credential.