The Future Proud Michigan Educator Program (Future PME) asks motivated and capable instructors to help Michigan’s efforts in enticing and maintaining a strong teacher workforce. In this preparation course, you will become familiar with your role as a teacher educator helping future educators, including students in grade 6-12, navigate their unique pathways through this program. You will learn about theory and current movements in teacher preparation designed to best support those on their way to seeking certification.
In this course, you will:
- Reflect on your own teaching experiences and explain how that will shape your facilitation of the Future PME Explore course,
- Describe your recruitment strategy for the Future PME Explore course,
- Identify which of the Future PME program models are offered in your local school/district,
- Explore the Future PME Explore curriculum, lessons, and assignments and identify any modifications or extensions that might be necessary for your students, and
- Generate ideas for how you will facilitate the clinical placement component of the Future PME Explore course.
The Future PME “Explore” student course can be hosted by Michigan Virtual, fully face to face, or with your local learning management system as a hybrid course. If you are uncertain about your plans for hosting the course, please check with your building or district administrator.