For a school district to operate efficiently and effectively, it is essential for board members and the superintendent to understand their respective roles. This course will give an overview of the various roles and responsibilities of the superintendent and board and why it is important for each to “stay in their lane” when it comes to these leadership duties. You will learn about your main role, levels of authority, general responsibilities, responsibilities related to specific areas, and the components of the superintendent performance evaluation system.
In this course, you will:
- Differentiate between the main role of the board and the main role of the superintendent,
- Apply the “levels of authority” to specific scenarios,
- Understand responsibilities of the superintendent and board as related to eight specific areas,
- Identify the components of the performance evaluation system, and
- Recognize factors that should be included in the superintendent evaluation tool.