The success and performance of an education system often trickles from the top and, in many ways, can be linked to how well the district’s leadership team communicates and cooperates within their roles. This micro-credential will help you become more impactful in your role as district leader as you reflect on developing an effective and collaborative district-level leadership team comprised of the superintendent and board of education. You will focus on planning and implementing proactive steps that promote informed decisions and adopting policies that move your district towards its mission.
In this learning experience, you will:
- Reflect on your school district’s mission and how it works to address the district’s needs,
- Conduct interviews with board members and the superintendent about roles and responsibilities,
- Identify core values and how they are prioritized,
- Develop norms and protocols that promote a highly effective team, and
- Create an action plan for establishing and maintaining a positive working relationship between the board and superintendent.
This learning experience works in tandem with Course 1: Roles and Responsibilities and Course 2: Effective Relationships of the District Leadership Team Series.