Now, more than ever, today’s teachers are grappling with how to help struggling readers. In this strategy-focused course, you will learn to combine the principles of differentiated instruction and guided reading in the right proportions, to build a balanced literacy framework and get results with even the most challenged readers. You will become aware of methods such as flexible grouping, tiering, and anchor activities to use within the guided reading framework to help students navigate increasingly difficult texts with fluency.
In this course, you will:
- Use guided reading and differentiated instruction to build a balanced literacy framework,
- Assess your learners and how they process texts,
- Utilize the power of flexible grouping,
- Discover the before reading framework, and
- Design independent reading projects that you can use in your classroom.