The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) estimates that 32 million employees work with at least one chemical hazard everyday, including school teachers and support staff. This awareness-level course will help you recognize what types of chemicals are in your workplace, what their hazards are, and how to protect yourself from harmful exposure. Recognize hazards associated with common chemical classifications, the importance of safety controls while working with chemicals, and what you and your employer’s responsibilities are when it comes to chemical storage and handling.
In this course, you will:
- Learn how to read common chemical labels,
- Recognize chemical safety tools and strategies,
- Understand the hierarchy of hazard controls,
- Identify required safe handling and storage procedures, and
- Identify emergency procedures in facilities where chemicals are present.