An important part of being a school counselor is helping students prepare for jobs, internships, and career paths they might be interested in during highschool and beyond. This course will show you how to advise students on creating resumes that are professional and in line with current hiring practices and industry trends. You will become familiar with the major components of a resume and modern format options as well as how to use them successfully to best compliment your students’ experience and fields of interest.
In this course, you will:
- Recognize the most important components of a resume,
- Distinguish between different types of resumes and the purpose of using each as part of the job search process,
- Describe structures that can be used to display and share resumes digitally,
- Investigate current talent acquisition trends as they relate to applicant resume use, and
- Develop a resource library to support students in constructing resumes that align with employers’ expectations.