PLP: Update Profile or Change Password
The Professional Learning Portal offers online courses to learners for the purpose of obtaining State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) credits and/or completing professional development requirements. This document describes how to edit learner account information and/or change the password to access the portal.
- First, select Edit Account from the left menu.
Note: If you modify your email address it will impact your login credentials.
- Next, to update the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) Certification Status, use the MDE Certificate drop-down menu to select the most appropriate option.
- Then type your Personal Identification Code (PIC) in the PIC field if not already present.
- Next, use the Affiliation Type drop-down menu to choose the most appropriate option. As a result the new affiliation type has been selected the Affiliation drop-down menu will reset and populate with alternative selections.
- If you need to change your password, enter your existing password in the Current Password field, type the desired password in the New Password field and then retype the desired password in the Confirm password field.
- Finally, click the Save button to apply account changes or click the Change button to apply the new password.