PLP: Update Profile or Change Password
The Professional Learning Portal offers online courses to learners for the purpose of obtaining State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) credits and/or completing professional development requirements. This document describes how to edit learner account information and/or change the password to access the portal.
- First, select Edit Account from the left menu.
Note: After logging in to the Professional Learning Portal, you might automatically land on this page to review and update the information.
- To ensure you can access your account, reset passwords and receive enrollment and completion information, it is essential that your email address is correct and current. If your email address is no longer your preferred email address, please contact our Customer Support.
- If you are an educator in Michigan, and wish to receive SCECHs to be able to renew your certification, please ensure your name is in the exact same format as in MOECS, and you have selected “I have a PIC”, and entered the correct PIC. Learn how to find your PIC. If you select “I don’t have a PIC”, we will not be able to process your SCECHs for you.
- Ensure your cell phone number is current and in the correct format: XXX-XXX-XXXX or +XX-XXX-XXX-XXXX.
Note: Once you have provided your phone number, you can enter your phone number when you want to request a link to reset your password.
- Please verify your location information. Select first, whether you are working for a school or school district, and then whether you are within Michigan.
- If you are within Michigan, you’ll be able to choose the county and school district. If you are working for a private or charter school, please select them instead; you will find those listed together with the school districts.
- If you are outside of Michigan, please select your country. If you are within the United States, please also select the state.
- Next, review the role and certification information, before you confirm that you updated your account.
- If you need to change your password, scroll down on the same page, then select the Change my password checkbox.
- Enter your existing password in the Old Password field, type the desired password in the New Password field and then retype the desired password in the Confirm Password field.
- Finally, select the Change my Password button to apply the new password.
Note: Your password must contain at least 8 characters, upper and lower case letters, at least one number and one symbol.
Last updated on December 1, 2020