Ticket Submission Help
When submitting a support ticket for yourself or on behalf of another it is important to identify everything you may need to submit to the support team. This guide is here to help you take a step back, verify you have everything you need, and structure your ticket in a way that will get you the most effective help as quickly as possible.
It is important to realize that every piece of information that is left out or not clearly provided may require more feedback from you before help can be rendered. Your support team member wants to help you as quickly as possible and give you the whole solution on the first try; the greater the detail in your ticket the greater they can help you!
- Make sure that you have exhausted as much trouble shooting yourself that you are comfortable with; finding the simple solution yourself is the quickest way to overcome any concern you may have.
- Verify that it is happening consistently. The more consistent a problem is the easier it is to find the root of the problem.
- After exhausting your own trouble shooting make sure to take a screen shot of issue; its very important to include the web address in the screenshot as it will help identify exactly where the problem occurred.
Good Screenshot Example
Better Screenshot Example
- Provide details relating to the content you are having issues with, this should include:
- Course Name
- Lesson/Quiz/Grade that may be affected
- After the initial problem is outlined, it is important to identify what hardware you are using and what network you may be working on. Please include:
- Device – Laptop (Mac or Windows) Phone/Tablet
- Web Browser – Safari/Chrome/Firefox/etc. (Also include if you tried in incognito mode)
- Network – Is this happening on your home internet, at school, or while on a public network?
- To finish make sure to write out as clearly as possible what the problem is and how it is keeping you from continuing your school work. For example:
- What time did it start?
- How long has it been going on?
- Is it not allowing you to complete an assignment or course content?