MOCC: Vendor Quick Start Guide
According to the 21f legislation, third-party provides are not allowed to offer their own online courses through Michigan’s Online Course Catalog. However, Michigan public school districts can offer online courses that use one or more third-party providers for the online content and/or the online instructor. A vendor can register users to manage their company’s course syllabi information in the statewide catalog of online courses by following the steps below.
- First, complete the Vendor Registration process.
- At this point, a representative from Michigan Virtual will verify the vendor and create an account in the system.
- Next, your organization will be given a unique provider code that will be required for district personnel to import a third-party course syllabus.
Note: It is incumbent upon the third-party provider to supply districts with this provider code if the desire is for its syllabi to be used by educating districts.
- Then add your Third-Party Syllabi.
- Finally, complete the course review.
Last updated on February 25, 2020