MOCC: Upload Third-Party Syllabi
Third-party providers are not allowed by the 21f legislation to offer their own online courses through the statewide catalog of online courses. They can however, upload course syllabi for use by educating districts. It is important to note that the course syllabi information entered by a third-party provider following the steps below will never be displayed to the general public through the District and Statewide Catalog search screens; it will only be visible to district personnel who are logged into the catalog website. This process describes how to add third-party syllabi information.
Fields required for saving the course syllabus are marked with an asterisk (*) and those required to change the display status from Inactive are indicated by the orange plus sign (+).
- First, tap the Course Management tab in the top menu bar.
- Then press the Add New button below the search filters.
- Next, complete the fields provided within the Course Info tab.
- Then tap the Continue button to proceed to enter additional information.
- Next, choose “Yes” from the Allow Entities to Import Syllabus drop-down field.
- Then choose the appropriate option from each drop-down field in the Course SCED Info tab. For assistance, tap the “Help Determining SCED Information” link at the top of the page.
- Next, tap the Continue button to proceed to enter additional information.
- Then complete the information within the Course Description tab. Please keep in mind, section 21f(12)(B) requires that an online course syllabus includes specific components (see Guidelines and Model Review Process for Online Courses).
- Next, tap the Submit button when to apply changes.
- Finally, proceed to the Third-Party Vendor Guide process.