Technical and Material Requirements by Course Title
School administrators or staff members may have a need to quickly assemble information about multiple courses for the purpose of setting up a lab or computer room. These courses may have additional software or technical requirements and/or textbooks, which are not included in the course cost. The instructions below outline a process for obtaining this information without accessing each separate course syllabus.
- First, access the Course List Summary of Technical & Software Requirements, Textbooks, & Additional Costs sheet.
- The first column titled Courses, contains a list of course names in alphabetical order.
- Columns B through G provide details related to technical, software, and hardware requirements for each course.
- Columns H through J state whether a texts or eTexts are required for the course, ISBN numbers associated, and estimated costs of these texts, if any.
- The final column, K, will list any additional materials required for each course.
- Next, tap the Data tab, select Filter Views and then choose Create new temporary filter view.
- At this point, tap the Course column drop-down icon, select the “Clear” option, and then place a checkmark next to all applicable courses. When finished, tap the OK button to display the course(s) you selected.
Specific course syllabus information can be located on Michigan Virtual’s website.