SLP: Select Course to Enroll Student
A guardian has the ability to enroll their student in a Michigan Virtual course. This process describes how to use the Student Learning Portal to select the course(s) to enroll the student.
- First, tap the Course Registration option on the left navigation menu.
- Next, search the Course Catalog to locate the course of interest and apply filters as outlined below:
- First, insert the course name into the Search by Course Title text box to find a specific course.
- Next, use one or all of the drop-down fields available to narrow your search results in the table below. It is recommended to choose a Subject and Semester at minimum.
- Term drop-down options can eliminate all courses that are not offered in a specific term.
- The Catalog drop-down allows guardians to choose what type of course to search. For example, AP Courses, Essential Courses, Test Out Courses, etc.
- Use the Subject drop-down field to filter results by subjects such as Mathematics, Social Studies, or English Language Arts.
- If there is a preference, tap the Instructor Provider drop-down to choose Michigan Virtual, Confucius Institute or None.
- The School Level drop-down field can be used to filter results by High School, Middle School or Elementary courses.
- Use the NCAA Approved drop-down menu to locate courses that are approved by the NCAA.
- If desired, the Content Provider drop-down menu allows guardians to select a specific course vendor.
- Then tap the Apply Filter button to generate a list of courses matching your filters above.
- Next, in the results table tap the linked text within the “Course” column to review the full course description including syllabus. When finished, select the X in the upper right corner of the dialog box to close.
- If you would like to enroll the student in a course, tap the select check box in the most left column of course row and then tap the Register button at the bottom of the page.
- The Course Confirmation page is then displayed, prompting for payment information. Proceed to Make a Payment.