SLP: Search Course Catalog
Mentors and affiliation users may need to find important course details such as prerequisites, materials needed, expectations and standards. The Student Learning Portal offers a searchable list of those courses in the Course Catalog.
- First, tap the Course Catalog tab in the top menu bar.
- As a result, a welcome page shows fields that can be used to limit the number of courses that appear in the results table using the information below. Skip to step 4 if you choose to view all available courses.
- To find specific text within a course name, insert the text to search in the Search by Course Title field.
- To filter the results by term, use the Term drop-down field.
- If you want to search for a certain course type, choose an option from the Catalog drop-down field. For example, if you are searching for advanced placement courses only, select “AP Courses” from this field.
- Results can be filtered by a subject area. To do this, choose an available option from the Subject drop-down field.
- The Instructor Provider field can be used to filter by the results by the instructor’s content provider.
- If you need to filter results to show either “High School” or “Middle School,” use the School Level drop-down field.
- To filter results by NCAA approved courses, select either “Yes” or “No” from the NCAA Approved drop-down field.
- The Content Provider drop-down field can be used to narrow results by the course provider.
- Next, tap the Apply Filter button to update the results displayed in the table.
- Then review each row (course) which contains information in columns that pertain to the course.
- The “Course” column will show a linked course name; if selected, a new window will open displaying a detailed description of the course as well as the course syllabus.
- Remaining column headers in the table include Course Name, When Offered, Subject, Catalog, School Level, Instructor Provider, NCAA Approved and Content Provider.
- Finally, if you are interested, continue to Enroll Students in a Course.
Last updated on April 22, 2020