SLP: Michigan Virtual Progress Report Explained
Instructors will distribute an automated notification containing course progress to mentors, students and/or guardians. This article explains the information provided in that email, answers to common questions and links to additional resources.
The Michigan Virtual Progress Report Email
The automated notification displays generic course information with the intent of providing a rough calculation of student performance. The Overall total % of points for the course line will reveal the current grade, which is calculated by dividing the points earned by the possible points he or she could earn up to this point. Additional information about assignment grades can be found by accessing the Gradebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
- With the exception of Advanced Placement courses, students can make up and submit work at any time before their end date. Advanced placement courses have established due dates and penalties for submitting late work. Your student should contact their instructor to clarify due dates, as they vary by course.
- Refer to the Suggested Pacing section located in your Student Learning Portal Dashboard. This information will display the assignments to be completed within the week.
- A student’s current grade is displayed in the Gradebook. Assignment details are shown in a table at the bottom of the page.
- Check student progress by accessing the Gradebook. For additional details and scores, refer to the assignments table shown below the progress table.
- Progress Checks are sent out at various points in the course. Each progress check represents approximately 20% of the course. For example, Progress Check 1 is after 20% of the course is completed, Progress Check 2 is after 40% of the course is completed, etc.