Students and guardians may want to view information about grades and assignments as they relate to a course. This process describes how to locate this information utilizing the Student Learning Portal. The Gradebook (updated every 24 hours) provides a view of the assignments for each course and your current score if the assignment has been completed. Please log into Blackboard/Middlebury to view your instructor’s feedback. The ‘completed’ date included is the date the student actually submitted the assignment within the course.
- First, tap Gradebook from the left navigation menu.
- As a result, a table containing a list of active course information will be displayed.
- Next, if you have multiple courses, tap to select the radio button in the first column of the course row. At this point, the information below the table will change to display the related course information.
- Finally, review the information and the assignment grades.
The Gradebook was recently updated to include calculated scores that match those in Blackboard. Students will now see OVERALL SCORE (%), POINTS EARNED, SCORE EXCLUDING UNCOMPLETED WORK (%), PROGRESS CHECK grades. These calculated scores have been indicated with arrows below. To better understand how each grade is calculated, refer to the list below:
- PROGRESS CHECKS: The percentage of points earned in the course at the time of established benchmarks. Typically four Progress Checks are provided at points in time designated on the course pacing guide, approximating 20%, 40%, 60%, and 80% of the way through the term, though the exact time may vary from course to course. The Progress Check is calculated from the total points earned, divided by the total points possible for all assignments that were due prior to the scheduled progress check, minus any points from assignments for which a student may have been exempted.