SLP: Sending Messages
Students and support staff have the ability to communicate using the Student Learning Portal messaging system. This process describes how to locate and deliver messages.
- First, select Messages from the left navigation menu.
Note: Student’s will see Student’s Messages and parents/guardians will see Guardian’s Messages.
- Next, click the Folder drop-down field and then choose to view messages within your Inbox or Sent folders.
- At this point, you can choose to send messages to users by selecting the Compose button. Continue by populating the To field with the first and last name of the recipient and then select the name that displays in the results. Populate the Subject field with the title of your message and then type a message in the body. Then tap the Choose Files button if you need to attach a file to your message. Next click Send to deliver the message.
- Then select an item in the message grid to either Reply, Forward or Archive a message.
- To respond to the sender, click the Reply button. Type a response in the body of the message and then click the Send button.
- Pass on the message to another user by clicking the Forward button. Populate the To field with the users first and last name and then type a message in the body. Click Send to deliver the message.
Note: The ‘Message System’ is intended for direct messages to users inside the SLP, so typing in an email address in the “TO” field will result in an error message.
- The Archive option will keep the message, but hide it from your view unless the Show Archived Messages button is enabled.
- Finally, click the Reload list to refresh the messages in the folder.