SLP: Mentor Quick Start Guide
Mentors will use their Student Learning Portal account to monitor and guide students in their school or district. To get started, tap the appropriate link to view an article related to a topic of interest. Mentors with enroll privileges can reference the Affiliation User Quick Start Guide in addition to the information below.
- Edit My Account Information
- Customize My Dashboard
- Customize Columns
- Login to the Student Learning Portal
- Reset Password
- Request Dual Roles (Affiliation User and Mentor)
- View Student Mentor Assignments
Access Student Information
- Add IEP/504 Documentation to Student Account
- Check Student Orientation Course Completion Status
- Content Access for Mentors
- Find Courses Student is Currently Enrolled
- Find Student Account Information
- Locate Course Start and End Dates
- Locate Guardian Contact Information
- Locate Instructor Contact Information
- Reset Student Password
- Review Activity Logs
- Run Custom Report for Completed Courses
- View Login History
- View Student Enrollments
Monitor Student Progress
- Keep Records of Student/Mentor Interactions
- Monitor Progress
- Request an Extension
- Review Course Information (syllabus, expectations, standards, etc.)
- View Pacing Guides by Course
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Locate Mentor ID
- Mentor Fundamentals: A Guide for Mentoring Online Learners
- Mentoring Basics: Online Mentoring Training Module
- Mentor Checklist
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I find my student’s final grade?
- How do I get to Brightspace or other Learning Management Systems?
- How do I request an extension?
- What is my student’s login activity?
- Where can I find struggling students?
- Where can I find the the course start and end date?
- What are the withdrawal policies for the course?
- What classes are my students enrolled in?
- What students am I monitoring?
- Where should I go to view and print final grades?
Last updated on March 12, 2021