SLP: Keep Records of Student/Mentor Interactions
A mentor is responsible for meeting with a student as needed (in person when possible or virtually if necessary) and keep records of those meetings. The process below describes how a mentor or other school staff members will document the event in the Student Learning Portal.
- First, tap the Students tab in the top menu bar to display active students within your school or district.
- Next, click the linked name in the “Student” column for the student.
- As a result, the student information will be displayed.
- Then scroll down the left navigation menu to show the “Communications” section.
- Next, tap the Add Communication option.
- At this point, a form will appear to document the meeting with the student.
- Begin by specifying the type of meeting by tapping an option from the Category drop-down field.
- Next, type a brief description of the meeting in the Subject field.
- Then insert a explanation in the Contents area.
- When satisfied with the report, tap the Save button to apply the information to the student account.