SLP: Enroll Student in Course
A school or district will use the Student Learning Portal to enroll students in online courses. This process describes how to create the enrollment.
Note: This process does not apply to guardians who wish to enroll students.
- First, select the Students tab in the top menu bar to display active students.
Note: If the student is not in the results list, follow the Add Student Account process before continuing.
- Then tap the linked name in the “Students” column to view the student account information.
- Next, scroll down the page to tap the Enroll in Section option in the left navigation menu.
- As a result, the Enrollment Information page will be displayed prompting for payment.
- Start by selecting the Term, Course and Section. When choosing a Term, please reference the Enrollment Calendar and note semester, trimester and summer terms have moved a Flex schedule for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Next, if applicable, choose the desired course Start Date from the available dates in the drop-down. If the Term you have selected contains the word “Flex”, you will notice that when selecting a Start Date, the End Date will change.
Note: Schools choosing a start date prior to today for the purpose of aligning district term dates should note that the course will not be available for the full 20, 13 or 10-week duration.
- At this time, the End Date is updated to automatically display the day the course will end for the students. Also note the Last day for Refund which is the last day an enrollment can be dropped and costs reimbursed.
- Next, if applicable tap the Payment Type drop-down field and select the appropriate payment method for this transaction.
- Purchase orders require the PO number to be entered once “Po” is selected. This option may be automatically applied.
- If you choose to drop the student a refund will be issued to those who drop within 25 days from the course start date. Refer to the Michigan Virtual Drop Policy.
- Credit Card purchases require the enroller to enter specific credit card and billing information.
- Then ensure the Accept Enrollment Terms box is checked.
- Finally, select the Enroll button to enroll the student.
- If you would like to enroll multiple students, open the Enroll Multiple Students in a Single Course process.
- If you receive an error message, visit the Unable to Enroll Students process.
- Locate Current/Successful Enrollments
Last updated on April 29, 2021