SLP: Message Student
Communication is essential when ensuring student success in an online course. An affiliation user can contact a student by sending an email through the Student Learning Portal. The process describes sending a message to the student’s email address displayed in their account information page.
- First, tap the Student tab in the top menu bar to view students you can view.
- Next, click the linked name in the “Student” column.
- At this time, the Main Page will be displayed showing sectioned information pertaining to the student you have selected.
- Then tap the Send Email option if you need to contact this student directly.
- As a result, the email page will appear. If a the follow up template is needed, you can select it from the Template drop-down field.
- Next, replace or insert text for the Subject field and then include a carbon copy email address in the CC Email field if desired.
- At this moment, you can attach a file by selecting the “Add files” button. Choose the file and then tap the Open button.
- Then choose the other recipients that should be copied in your message by placing a check in the selection box to the left of the recipient.
Note: The Send also to Student’s Message Inbox is automatically selected. If deselected, the email will only be delivered to the student’s personal email address.
- Next, insert or modify the text within the Body area.
- A preview of your message will be displayed in the Sample area.
- Finally, if you are satisfied with your message click the Send button to deliver the email.