SLP: Affiliation User FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Affiliation Users may use the list below to answer frequently asked questions about Michigan Virtual‘s Student Learning Portal. Simply tap the question to view the answer pertaining to the listed question.
- The Student Learning Portal is Michigan Virtual’s new student information system (SIS). The site will provide capabilities for registering students in courses; documenting grading; tracking attendance; messaging and managing many other student-related data needs in a school. The Student Learning Portal should not be confused with a learning management system or virtual learning environment, where course materials, assignments and assessment tests can be published electronically.
- If you are an online mentor or school enroller who processed an enrollment through CEMS, an account was created for you. Your login information was sent to you via email on April 24th, 2018. If you do not have an account, please contact the Customer Care Center. If you are a mentor or student, please contact your school enroller to create your account.
- Affiliation Users have the ability to create a student, mentor or another affiliation user account. Each user will require a unique and valid email address which will also serve as their username when accessing the Student Learning Portal.
Note: After a student account is created, the system will automatically make a guardian account. Once the student has been enrolled in a course, an email message will be sent to the guardian which will contain their account setup instructions. These accounts are generated with the intent of keeping guardians informed of student progress.
- A school super user can enroll a single student in a course by accessing the student’s profile in the Student Learning Portal. Follow the instructions outlined in the Enroll Student in Course article.
- A Affiliation User can enroll multiple students into a single course by accessing the bulk enroll feature in the Student Learning Portal. Follow the instructions outlined in the Enroll Multiple Students in a Single Course article.
- A mentor can easily be assigned or added to a student’s account in the Student Learning Portal by following the Associate Student to Mentor article.
- A student’s course grades and assignments can be observed in the Student Learning Portal without accessing the Learning Management System (LMS). View Student Information and select the various options within the Enrollment section within the left menu.
- The Michigan Virtual Enrollment Calendar displays an “Enrollment End” column for each term. The date displayed in this column represents the last date you are able to enroll students.
- The Michigan Virtual Enrollment Calendar displays a “Drop for Refund End” column for each term. The date displayed in this column represents the last day to drop students and receive a refund. A student can be dropped from a course at any time, however if the drop for refund end date has passed no refund will be issued.
- For certificates of completion or other reports, please contact the Customer Care Center. Please include the name of the district, full name of the school building, full names of all students, the desired school years and any other pertinent information to help us provide the data you need.
- Affiliation users who are looking to locate current enrollments or verify that enrollments were successful can so by following the steps outlined in the Locate Current/Successful Enrollments article.
- Not only is it critical to a student’s success that a local mentor be identified but it is also a requirement outlined in the Michigan Department of Education’s (MDE) Pupil Accounting Manual. There are multiple ways to find students who are missing an assigned mentor. Please note that if a mentor is not assigned with 48 hours of an enrollment, the system will automatically assign the enroller as the mentor.
Ready to make an account?
Create a ticket with our Customer Care team, who will guide you through the account creation process.
Last updated on April 14, 2020