SLP: Add Student and Guardian Accounts
To enroll a student in a Michigan Virtual online course, a guardian will be required to create an account within our Student Information System (SIS). This process describes how to utilize the Student Learning Portal to create the account. Guardians can also watch the First Time Registration and Enrollment video of this process below.
- First, open a browser and navigate to the Student Learning Portal.
- Next, tap the New Parent/Guardian Registration button below the Login and Password fields.
- As a result, an account creation page will be displayed.
- At this time, you will use the “Student Information” section to enter student facts in the required fields.
- Begin by typing a response to the two open text fields, First Name and Last Name.
- Then select the student’s birth date in the Date of Birth calendar selection field.
- Continue by selecting “Male” or “Female” from the Gender drop-down field.
- Next, the question, “At any point during the school year, does the student attend a face-to-face or virtual school?” is shown above the drop-down field. Use that field to respond to the question.
Note: If you select “Yes” an additional open text field is displayed that prompts you to enter the school name.
- Then another two questions follow that ask, “Does the Student have an IEP?” and “Does the student have a Section 504 plan?“, use the drop-down fields shown below the questions to respond.
- Next, type the student email in the Student Email and Confirm Email fields.
Note: This should be an email address unique to the student. The Username field is grayed out and will populate with the information placed into the Email Address field.
- Finally, type the desired password in the Student Password and Confirm Password fields. The password must contain at least 8 characters.
- Then scroll to the “Guardian Information” section to provide your information.
- First, type a response to the two open text fields, Guardian First Name and Guardian Last Name.
- Next, type your email in the Guardian Email and Confirm Guardian Email fields.
Note: This should be an email address unique you. The Username field is grayed below and out and will populate with the information placed into the Email Address field.
- Finally, type the desired password in the Guardian Password and Confirm Guardian Password fields. The password must contain at least 8 characters.
- When finished, press the Create New Account button at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, the Dashboard will appear and you can then enroll your student in a course.
Last updated on August 27, 2018