SLP: Add Student Account
Students who need to be enrolled in a Michigan Virtual course must have an account in the Student Learning Portal. The process below describes how a school user will add a single student account. To add multiple students at once, proceed to the Import List of Student Accounts article.
Note: After a student account is created, the system will automatically make a guardian account. Once the student has been enrolled in a course, an email message will be sent to the guardian which will contain their account setup instructions. These accounts are generated with the intent of keeping guardians informed of student progress.
- First, select the Students tab in the top menu bar.
- Next, tap the Add Student option from the left navigation menu.
- Then complete the six sections of the form to the best of your abilities.
- Basic Information
- Start by typing the students First Name, Last Name and Email in the open text fields as these are required. Please note that a unique email address is required.
- Next, insert the student’s Preferred Name, Middle Name, Date of Birth and SSN, if desired.
- Then choose the appropriate option from the Gender and Affiliations drop-down fields.
- Address (optional)
- First, if needed, enter the students Street, City, Zip and Phone in the open text fields.
- Then choose the appropriate options from the State, Race, Country and Hispanic drop-down fields.
- Academic (optional)
- Begin by selecting the appropriate options from the Grade Level and Graduation Path fields.
- Next, tap the drop-down menu next to the question, “At any time during the school year, does the student attend a face-to-face or virtual school?” and then select your response.
- At this point, enter the student Expected Graduation date, Local ID, Graduation Date and School Name open text fields.
- Start by typing the student’s guardian details in the Guardian 1 section in the Last Name, First Name, and Email open text fields.
- Next, choose an option from the Relationship drop-down menu.
- Finally, repeat the steps above to complete the Guardian 2 section if applicable.
Note: At least one guardian account is required to set up the student account. This will generate an email to the guardian to allow access to their course.
- Additional Information
- First, choose a “Yes” or “No” response to the IEP and Section 504 drop-down fields as they are required.
- Next, select the appropriate option from the SPED, Gifted, LEP and Economic Disadv fields.
- Then enter the student details for the remaining Case Load Provider Name, Email, Phone and IEP Notes fields.
- Login Information
- At this point, specify the password the student will use to access the Student Learning Portal using the Password field.
- Basic Information
- Finally, select the Save button to create the account.
Last updated on April 5, 2021