MOCC: Search Catalog for Courses Offered in District
A select number of districts have chosen to offer courses that are only available to students attending their schools. Michigan’s Online Course Catalog can be utilized to locate these courses following the process outlined below.
- First, access Michigan’s Online Course Catalog.
- Next, tap the Specific District radio option from the Search Course Catalog menu on the left side of the page.
- Then choose the appropriate school district from the drop-down field.
- Once the school district is selected, tap the Search Courses button to view all courses offered.
Note: To narrow search results further, apply additional filters using the Course Subject, Keywords or Course Name, School Year, or Time of Year fields. To search by the content provider, tap the + additional search options link and use the drop-down field to select the appropriate provider.
- After the Search Courses button is selected, the right side of the page will change to display a list of Search Results.
- At this point, tap the linked course name of interest. This will expand a list of offered courses containing that course name.
- Finally, tap the linked Course Title of interest. This will display the course information (description, details, enrollment methods, etc).
Note: The Additional Information section is comprised of a list of course-related information. Each list item can be expanded to display the information as it pertains to the course.
At any point in this process, users can tap their browsers “back” button to return to the previous screen.