Navigating the Essentials Gradebook
The Essentials Gradebook can be viewed by accessing the “My Grades” link from your Blackboard course. The following information can be noted when accessing viewing the information.
- First, scores for tests are reported as percentages.
- Next, scores for assignments are reported as points earned.
- Also, if a student passes diagnostic tests, the assignments attached to those diagnostic tests will be manually exempted in the gradebook.
- Additionally, this is only currently visible in the Blackboard gradebook. In the SLP, the exempted assignments currently show up as zeroes, though the overall point totals and percentages are accurate.
- Next, for a snapshot of how a student is doing to date, view the Progress Check columns.
- Finally, the “Overall Score” column in the gradebook is the best indicator of a student’s overall progress in the course when compared against the total points possible.