Navigating the Essentials Gradebook
- Scores for tests and assignments are reported as percentages.
- The total points in the course may vary per student based upon the number of lessons which each individual demonstrates mastery through scores earned on lesson pre-tests.
- Students will be exempted from the points possible on a lesson quiz associated with successfully passing a related lesson pre-test.
- Note that any exempted lessons and corresponding assignments will no longer be visible in the student “Activities” feed or student gradebook in Buzz.
- In the Student Learning Portal (SLP), the exempted assignments are currently displayed with a blank in the “Grade,
“Completed,” and “Exempt” columns, though the overall point totals and percentages are accurate.
- The “Overall Score” line at the bottom of the gradebook in the SLP is the best indicator of a student’s overall progress in the course when compared against the total points possible.
Last updated on February 26, 2021