Online Summer Camp: Minecraft Edition is a video game where children are asked to use their creativity and ingenuity to complete educational challenges at their own pace. These challenges are designed to be repeatable, so students can start over upon completion and tackle them in a new way. Follow the details below to enroll and download the app on a device for your child.
How to Enroll
- First, visit Online Summer Camp: Minecraft Edition.
- Then tap the Enroll Now button.
- Next, complete the registration and purchase form and then tap the Enroll Now button.
- At this point, your login credentials will be sent to the email address provided. This email will contain both Minecraft: Education Edition and Microsoft 365 credentials.
Note: Any preexisting credentials you have for Minecraft or Microsoft 365 will not work for this summer camp.
- Finally, per the email instructions, login to Minecraft: Education Edition to change your password.
Note: These credentials and access to the license, as well as access to our custom summer camp world, will be valid through December 31, 2020.
Download, Install and Login
- First, visit the Get Minecraft: Education Edition page to download the version of Minecraft: Education Edition that is appropriate for the computer or iPad that you will be using throughout camp.
Note: You do not need the classroom mode or the code connection.
- Download and install the file, following Microsoft’s instructions throughout the installation process.
- Now, log in by entering the username and password provided.
Note: If you receive a message saying, “This account is not eligible to use Minecraft: Education Edition,” please try again by clicking “Sign in with a different account” and entering the same login information a second time. If you have issues with downloading or installing Minecraft: Education Edition, please visit Microsoft’s Minecraft: Education Edition support site. Installation specific support is available on their Windows installation page and their Mac installation page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- No. You can complete the registration and purchase information on any device. You will then need to download Minecraft: Education Edition on the device you want your child to use. Please note, Minecraft: Education Edition can be downloaded on all computer devices except Google Chromebooks.
- You will be limited to one device. Once a student begins their challenges on the Minecraft: Education Edition platform, we recommend they complete the rest of their work for camp on the same device, as their work will be saved to that device. If your child will be traveling or visiting relatives this summer, you might consider using a portable device (e.g. a laptop or iPad) for your student to complete their work.
- No refunds will be available for Online Summer Camp: Minecraft Edition.
- While our Online Summer Camp: Minecraft Edition challenges students to keep their minds active over the summer, it is not eligible for academic credit.
- Yes. Fill out the enrollment form again using the same information. This will generate a second email with new credentials for the other child(ren).