PLP: Path to Leadership Course Enrollment
Approved Learners can enroll in a Michigan Association of Secondary Principals (MASSP) Path to Leadership course for the purpose of completing professional development requirements. This document describes how to apply for approval, locate and access courses within the Professional Learning Portal.
- First, access the Professional Learning Portal, type “PTL” in the Search bar and then strike the Enter key on your keyboard or select the Find the Course button.
- Review the basic information and credit hours as it pertains to the course and then select the info link if additional information is needed. Please verify, that you only enroll in the modules for your cohort, otherwise your course registration will be denied.
Note: To be accepted into a cohort, you have to enroll in the Application module first, and complete the application as instructed. Only if you receive an acceptance email for a cohort, you are eligible to take the courses pertaining to that cohort. Additional information can be found by visiting the Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals website.
- When you have found the correct module, tap the Register button next to the course.
- To complete the registration process, either click the Proceed to Checkout link in the top right hand corner of your window, or click the cart icon that will notify you how many courses you have selected and select “Proceed to checkout” there.
- If you are prompted to login, please insert your email and password to proceed to the next step. If you have not registered, please follow the PLP: First Time User Registration process.
- Complete your transaction reviewing the order details and entering your credit card information, then tap the Make Payment button at the bottom of the page.
- Next, a confirmation page will appear, click on the Go to Dashboard button to proceed to the dashboard. A confirmation email will be sent to you at the time of payment and is the only form of a receipt that will be provided. A copy of this email should be kept for your records.
- Then the course will be displayed in the “Active Courses” module within your personal dashboard. The first and last day of access to your course are displayed on the course tile, and the course cannot be accessed until the start date displayed. Once the date has arrived/passed, click the course tile to access your course.
Last updated on December 1, 2020