MOCC: Manage Terms
Districts and Vendors can specify terms in Michigan’s Online Course Catalog that will be displayed in the course syllabi. This process describes how to add or modify those terms.
- First, click on the Course Management tab and then choose Manage Terms from the left navigation menu.
- Next, choose to either:
Add a New Term
- Begin by pressing the Add New button above the results table.
- Next, select or type the responses to the required fields, which are identified by an asterisk. The required fields are described below.
- First, choose the accelerated, open entry/open exit, semester or trimester options from the Term Type drop-down field.
- Next, type the verbiage used to reference the term in the Term Name open-text field.
- Then set the academic year for the term by choosing an option from the School Year drop-down field.
- Next, select an option from the Time of Year drop-down menu.
- Then use the calendar drop-down fields to select both the Enrollment Opens and Enrollment Ends dates.
- Next, to make this term available, choose “Active” from the Term Status drop-down field.
- At this point, you can choose to select or insert the responses to the optional fields described below.
- First, use the calendar drop-down fields to choose a Random Draw Date, Drop Date, Courses Start, and Courses End dates.
- Next, update all course offerings from a current term to the newly created term by selecting an option from the Current Entity Terms drop-down field.
- Then tap the Current Entity Pricing drop-down field to select pricing.
- Finally, insert any relevant comments in the Remarks area.
- When finished, tap the Submit button to add the new term.
Adjust an Existing Term
- Start by tapping the icon in the Edit column of the appropriate term.
- As a result, the Edit Term page will appear. You will notice that the Term Type, Term Name, School Year and Time of Year will be grayed out. The remaining fields can be modified as desired.
- Finally, tap the Update button to apply all changes.
Remove an Existing Term
- First, tap the icon that is displayed in the Delete column of the appropriate term.
- Next, a pop-up window will appear asking if you are sure you want to delete the term.
- Finally, tap the OK button to proceed.
Last updated on February 25, 2020